Terms, conditions and Privacy Notice
The term ‘Cornish Blooms’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user(s) or viewer(s) of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Cornish Blooms Terms and Conditions & Delivery information
Our terms and conditions for visiting and using our website, placing orders via our website, and placing an order in any other form.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us by using the contact form on this website, or by telephoning us on 0800 0938564 (freephone) or 01209 831704 (local & usually most cost effective from mobile phones).
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
All (apart from our Cornish Seasonal Bouquet) prices stated include delivery by Royal Mail 24, which is the business name for first class parcel post.
For our Cornish Seasonal Bouquet we use FEDEX, which is a next-day courier service
All gift wrapping, gift cards, ribbon, flower food is included in the price
We send our flowers ‘in-bud’ so that they have as long a vase life as possible once they reach the recipient.
We endeavour to send exactly what you order, the photographs on this website are representative of the flower varieties we send. The very nature of our business means that the Scented Narcissi that flower in December, will not be exactly the same varieties as those that flower in February & March. They are still scented narcissi, and you will still receive a mixture of yellow & white varieties in our standard boxes, and all – white varieties in our white boxes, it’s just that they will vary in appearance & scent.
We change the contents of our Cornish Seasonal Bouquet with the seasons, we endeavour to provide up to date photographs of this bouquet. We always try to include at least five different types of flower in this bouquet.
We grow the majority of our flowers and foliages here at Cornish Blooms, however from time to time we do buy in from other local farms, and to meet demand at peak times.
Please include your name in the gift message so that your recipient knows who has sent them the flowers! We do not include a dispatch note, receipt, anything showing the monetary value of your gift.
No vases or jugs are included with the flowers
In the unlikely event of us not being able to fulfil your order, we will contact you to arrange an alternative dispatch date, alternative flowers, or refund. If we cannot contact you we will send flowers to the same or higher value for the date requested.
PLACING AN ORDER
By ordering with us you are consenting to be bound by these terms and conditions
Once you have placed an order it can usually be amended up until the evening before the dispatch date. At peak times such as Mothers Day and Christmas we would appreciate as much time as possible to make any amendments, (it can be fairly time consuming to search through address labels already printed!) We will always endeavour to be as helpful as possible to accommodate change of dates/alterations etc.
If you place your order using our Website you will see an order confirmation on-screen at the time of ordering. If you include your email address you will also receive an email order confirmation, and a confirmation from our card payment processor confirming your payment. If you do not include your email address then unfortunately you will not receive an email confirmation, so it is best to do this.
For orders that you post to us, we will try our best to meet your preferred delivery date, however please note that we receive our post later than our collection time, which means that it is unlikely that we will be able to send out your flowers on the day in which we receive your order.
For telephone orders we will discuss with you the appropriate dispatch and delivery date.
We use Royal Mail 24 for our standard boxes, and FEDEX for our Cornish Seasonal Bouquet. The price for delivery is included in the price you see.
Due to the nature of this delivery service, we are unable to specify the time of the day that they will be delivered. Some people receive their post early in the morning, others (including us!) after lunch.
We send our flowers Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and allow up to 2 working days for delivery, as although the flowers usually arrive the day after we send them, this cannot be guaranteed. Using this service the flowers usually arrive the following working day after we send them, however on occasion they can take two days to arrive. We therefore suggest that you allow 2 working days for delivery, particularly if your flower order is for a special occasion such as a Birthday or Anniversary. The date you select during the ordering process is the DISPATCH date not the delivery date. We would much rather the flowers arrived a day early, than a day late, which is why, wherever possible we allow two working days for delivery.
If the recipient is not at home when the delivery is attempted, Royal Mail may try a couple of options. 1) They may attempt to leave with a neighbour and leave a note at the recipients address explaining which neighbour the box has been left with. 2) They may leave in a safe place such as an open porch. 3) They may return to the depot and leave a note explaining how the recipient may collect their flowers or arrange re-delivery.
FEDEX do not require a signature for the Cornish Seasonal Bouquet, and so we ask them to try to leave in a safe place or with a neighbour. Failing that, a note will be left at the recipients address for them to arrange re-delivery.
We can only deliver to UK postcodes, and not PO Boxes or BFPO addresses
It is your responsibility to provide us with the correct address including postcode. We provide a postcode finder on our website during the ordering process for you to use. We would ask that you check you have the correct house name or number so that the flowers go to the right address! If you have any problems obtaining the postcode please do call or email us using the contact form and we will do our best to help.
We reserve the right not to send the flowers you have ordered until we have received payment.
We accept most credit and debit cards except American Express and Diners Club. Payment will be taken at the time of ordering
All card payments are subject to checks by your card issuer. If payment is refused you will be notified at the time of placing the order when placing your order online.
If you order using the website then you will receive an order confirmation on the screen, and if you provide your email address you will receive an order confirmation via email. You may print these and both act as a receipt.
We do not routinely post receipts
At Cornish Blooms we value all our customers and our refund policy is very simple. If at any time you are not completely happy with your purchase, please contact us by email, telephone or to the address below so that we can put things right. In the first instance we will normally offer a replacement delivery of our flowers. We can discuss with you whether you would like a repeat of the original delivery, or an alternative. If this is not suitable then a refund will be provided using your original payment method.
Gift certificates are redeemable against Cornish Blooms flowers, to the quantity stated on the certificate. Gift certificates may be redeemed by telephoning us, providing us with the voucher number, and the delivery date.
Our gift certificates do not have an expiry date and do not have a cash value, they can only be redeemed for flowers.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect the following information: Customer’s Name, Address, Telephone number, Email address and payment details (via third party payment providers currently Paypal and Worldpay) IP Address, date and time of the order placed, and whether the payment was processed by Worldpay or Paypal, your marketing and email preferences, correspondence between Cornish Blooms and the customer. If you place the order over the telephone, Cornish Blooms staff will take the card payment over the telephone and the payment will be processed by card terminal.
In order to process the order, we also collect the Recipient’s Name, Address, a gift message and the date you would like us to send the flowers. We will not use this information for anything other than providing the service for which this information was supplied.
How do we use your personal information?
- We require the information in order to fulfil your flower delivery
- We take full payment at the time of the order being placed. We do not store your card details. If you place your order online you can choose between paying with Paypal or our secure payment provider Worldpay. Both of these payment providers re-direct you to their sites, and the transaction is carried out directly by them. You are then taken back to Cornish Blooms to see a copy of the receipt, and see that your order has been successful. Cornish Blooms is Payment Card Industry Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant as are the payment providers that we use.
If we take your payment over the telephone your card payment is processed through a card terminal machine (just like the ones you see in most high street shops), and processed by Worldpay.
- For Customer services and resolving any problems
- To keep a record of the service we have provided
- We may use information to improve our products and services
- If you have subscribed to our email newsletter, we will send you an email roughly once a month (slightly more often at Mother’s Day and Christmas), giving you information on the flowers we have available and any special offers. You can unsubscribe at any time from receiving email newsletters by clicking the unsubscribe link on the email, or by emailing [email protected] asking us to unsubscribe your details.
- We send direct marketing through the post twice a year (in time for Christmas and Mother’s Day) which you can opt out of at any time by emailing us at [email protected] or by writing to us at Cornish Blooms, The Flower Barn, Little Drym Flower Farm, Praze, Camborne, Cornwall, TR14 0NU
Sharing your information
We care about your data, and would never sell it to any third party. This includes all information you provide to us. In order to fulfil your delivery, we share certain data with the following third parties:
- To deliver and track your box of flowers, we upload the delivery name and address to Royal Mail, or FEDEX
- Our payment providers Worldpay and Paypal
- Our email marketing distribution service
- Our web developers have access to our website, in order to maintain and update the website.
Apart from sending you the order confirmation (receipt) and any email correspondence in relation to your order we do not send any other emails unless you have opted in to our email newsletter. You are able to unsubscribe from our email newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on any of our email newsletters, or by emailing [email protected]
We store your order information so that we can fulfil your order. We keep a record of the order details for a period of 36 months after the completion of the order. This is so that we can deal with any queries relating to the order, and provide you with customer services help.
We keep a payment record for tax purposes for 6 years after the end of the financial year that the order was placed in.
Your rights to access your data
Under the GDPR you have a number of rights you can exercise over your data. Your rights are:
- The right to receive a copy of your data free of charge (known as a subject access request)
- The right to receive certain data in an electronic format that can be given to another provider
- The right to have inaccurate data rectified
- The right to ask us to stop processing or object to processing under certain circumstances
- The right to ask us to erase data in certain circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent at any time when that is the legal basis for our processing.
To discuss any of these rights, simply call us on 01209 831704
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection regulator. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk
Links to third party sites
Our site may from time to time, contain links to external websites. Please note that these websites will have their own Privacy Policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
The security of your data is very important to us. We take all appropriate steps to protect your data and will treat it with the utmost care and attention. We use ‘https’ technology to secure all areas of our website. Access is password protected and sensitive data such as cardholder information is help securely by our 3rd party payment providers.
Updates to this notice
This notice was updated on 24th May 2018. Please check back regularly to keep informed of any changes to this Notice.
We reserve the right to amend and update these terms and conditions at any time, and suggest that you re-acquaint yourself with them when placing an order.